Sunday, July 19, 2009

Plans are made to change, right?

I will say that Week 1 of the All You Grocery Challenge was a success for me! As I approached the end of the week, I realized that I hadn't checked my pantry as carefully as I should have before setting out for the store, but a few little substitutions, and we made out a-ok!

Our week also included one unplanned stop at McD's for coveted Dawn of the Dinosaurs Happy Meal toys. Even with that splurge, our grand total for the week was $74.65!

The end of the week had me scrambling to change things up, though. We decided to visit my parents for their church's first block party in quite a long time. So other than breakfast, we didn't use or buy any of our own food on Saturday and Sunday.

That gives me some leftovers to work with this week. In fact, I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so I'm glad I won't be rushing off to the grocery store tomorrow morning. My upset tummy doesn't even want to look at food ads or recipes right now. Not sure whether I've got a bug or I had one halupki or bleenie too many at the party, but tomorrow it'll be broth and tea for me, hot dogs for hub and kiddos!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats on doing so well, even with the plan changes! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well :(

I would love the recipe for the potstickers you freeze if you are willing to share! :) I try to do some large batch cooking on the weekends and think that would be something fun for next weekend.